Opel/Vauxhall Environmental and Energy Policy
I. Vision, Principles and Values
Vision – Opel / Vauxhall aspirational goal is to be recognized as a leading automobile manufacturer and provider of mobility solutions operating on a CO2 - neutral and waste – free basis.
Environmental and Energy Principles – Opel/Vauxhall is committed to protecting human health, natural resources and the environment. This dedication includes compliance with the law, but goes beyond and encompasses the integration of sound environmental and energy-conscious practices into all business decisions. Opel/Vauxhall is aiming for continual improvement of the environmental and energy performance by establishing appropriate objectives and targets, providing necessary resources and implementing management systems. The following Environmental / Energy Principles provide the framework for setting objectives and targets, and guiding Opel/Vauxhall personnel in the conduct of their daily work.
- We are committed to actions to preserve and restore the environment. This includes reducing waste and emissions, conserving resources, saving energy and recycling materials at every stage of the product life cycle.
- We will continue to pursue the development of alternative propulsion systems and sustainable mobility services to eliminate pollutant emissions.
- We will continue to support the purchase of energy-efficient products and services, and design for energy performance improvement.
- We will continue to work with government entities for the development of technically sound and financially responsible environmental laws and regulations.
- We will continue to fulfill compliance obligations comprising legal requirements and other requirements to which Opel/Vauxhall subscribes related to energy use, consumption and efficiency and related to the environment.
- We will continue to manage environmental protection with ISO 14001 or EMAS certified management systems at our manufacturing sites. For Non-Manufacturing sites, the required level of management system will be determined based on risk assessments. At the majority of our manufacturing sites, energy performance is managed with ISO 50001 certified management systems and we are developing a strategy to implement such systems at all manufacturing sites. We will continually improve our management systems to enhance environmental and energy performance.
- We will request suppliers to maintain ISO 14001/ ISO 50001 or equivalent certified systems. In addition, we will consider environmental and energy performance criteria when selecting suppliers.
- We will continue to integrate environmental / energy operational tasks into our production systems, planning, and maintenance and logistics operations to drive individuals’ awareness and responsibility, and better control our risk.
- We are approachable and in dialog with internal and external stakeholders including availability of information regarding our environmental and energy performance and actively support initiatives enhancing environmental awareness, biodiversity and energy-consciousness.
- We are committed to transform our organization into a highly energy-efficient company.
This mandatory policy together with underlying company requirements and management systems is subject to regular monitoring, control and audit.
O/V business units are responsible to understand and comply with all applicable laws and regulations, as well as conform to any applicable O/V policies, standards, procedures and corporate requirements.